CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Death is not the end of anything

The nature of life after transition is only unknown to those who do not seek to know. There is also no true severance of human relationships; and an eternal hell is non-existent, although a certain degree of pain and scorching may be experienced when impure substances present in the astral and mental bodies are removed by a purifying fire. Death is not the end of anything; it is a continuation of what has gone on before. Rumi, the Sufi poet, speaks of this truth in the following oft-quoted verse:

"I died a mineral and became a plant;

"I died a plant and rose an animal.

"I died an animal and I was a man.

"Why should I fear? When was I less by dying?

"Yet once more I shall die as man, so to soar

"With blessed angels; even from angelhood

"I must pass on . . .

"When I have sacrificed my angel soul,

"I shall become that which no mind conceived."